Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weigh In 3

Yes 3. And I'm down 2.6 lbs! Hurry for me. I must admit I was a bit surprised. I missed a day or two of food journaling, and exercising was non-existent.

I didn't post weigh in 2. There had been no change - none. I had stuck to my workout that week. But I suppose considering I had been out of town staying with friends - and there were ooey gooey cinnamon rolls - yes I had one - it could have been worse.

As a self professed carbaholic I know that the key for me is sticking to whole grains and no more than 2-3 servings a day. As soon as I start eating anything white - pasta, rice - whatever, it's a struggle the rest of the day.

Yesterday was an issue all in itself - I became an almond FIEND, and let me tell you those things are not light in calories. So much for working in nuts - may have to stay away from those for a bit.

I truly believe my love affair with yogurt and fruit, like fresh melon and blueberries, has been the key to my success this week. When ravishing after work and before dinner - I snacked on slices of melon - which though felt like a trough fest - didn't have nearly the calories or spike in blood sugar I usually would consume on crackers or pretzels.

I am still debating whether I want to start cooking diabetic recipes or move toward whole food - organic whenever possible. Anyone have an opinion on this?

And I'm working the supplements, in a mean way. I still haven't felt up to par taking the OTC vitamins and my prescription iron supplement. I visited an organic nutrition store - and they recommended a couple things for me after I gave my whole history of what's been going on.

The supplements I was looking for were either liquid or highly soluble. I have to admit the basic vitamin which is this little cocktail thing which I can mix in with my morning OJ is very convenient. I've been taking 1/2 c of OJ each morning with my liquid iron, and trying to work in all the tablets throughout the day. Here is what I've been taking:

Multivitamin
Omega 3 Supplement
Metformin
Acidophilus
Ferrous Sulfate

I have never inhaled so many things in my life. But that - along with my previous awful, low nutrition diet - is probably why I have to do these things now.

Still hopeful that changing this weight will help alleviate some of my issues, and these supplements will help while I work to get there.

Next week we head out on a family getaway - there's the yummiest goodies at the resort we're staying at - not to mention our favorite vaca restaurants. Here's to re-programming vacation eating - wish me luck! And say a prayer while you're at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment