Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back to School Shopping

I love back to school shopping. Having two little girls - that could be trouble in years to come. In fact, this year I've already had a little taste of it.

Girlie 1 is going into 2nd grade and she's our little fashionista. Hubby and I joke that if we're ever not sure about an outfit of our own, we check with Girlie 1. She has great fashion sense and is a heartbeat ahead of trends. Yeah you remember those girls from your school days, I was not one of them.

Girlie 2 is developing her own style two and is ecstatically entering Kindergarten this fall.

The best thing about school shopping? It's NOT for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to be for me, but years ago I finally gave up on the disappointing teary eyed fitting room saga's and just don't really shop. So sad.

It's been so long, that I really have no idea what my fashion style is - the last one that I can remember? Grunge. Yeah, how's that for dating myself. But let me tell you, I wore it well...once in a galaxy far far away.

Girlies can sport all the newest styles, and work the outfits .....it's awesome. So my non-health, completely self centered reason for getting healthy and losing weight....shopping for an outfit for the look and style rather than selecting from the muu-muu's on the 5 racks in the back of the store with the grandmas. *sigh*

Until then I dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment