Thursday, July 16, 2009

Doing time

So 20 - 30 minutes of exercise after a meal can help you burn excess glucose in the blood. That's a very good thing. That means that in an insulin resistant body, it doesn't get turned into fat, and gives your liver a break from taking in too much glucose, using excess glucose for energy needed when you exercise.

That is my goal. To get in the 20-30 minutes of exercise recommended 3 x's per week. It's not a lot, I know...but tell my body that. I've been using my sorely neglected treadmill, doing the trainer 20-30 minute programs and wow.

The first time my knee told me how upset it has been carrying all this extra weight. It sure did protest. Then I had a tift with endurance. But I've been holding out. The burn feels good. And yes it takes some major effort to move this momma.

Ever have that moment when you catch a glimpse of yourself unexpectedly and realize that momma hasn't been taking care of herself like she should. Yes. Momma needs to make momma a priority which is tough sometimes.

Like tonight. My kids are use to me taking center stage in the bedtime routine. But it got a bit late, and if I was going to work in my nightly walk, daddy was going to have to take over the bedtime duties alone tonight. The kiddos protested. But it was important - long term kind of important.

So bonus points for me for getting 2 of the 3 done this week. Next week - ramping up to 4/5 days - cause I have lots of work to do to stop the resistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment